We can help you compare touring caravan insurance quotes so that you can choose a policy that provides you with suitable and cost-effective cover.
Comparisons and price
In today’s price-conscious world, the reaction of many people to the question “why bother”, may be along the lines of trying to find the cheapest insurance for caravans possible.
Of course, that’s understandable but an approach along those lines may be misleading.
It’s an old truth in insurance that what’s cheap for someone else may not be so cheap for you given that it’s highly unlikely that you’ll have identical requirements and personal situations.
That’s why it may be worth initially focusing on finding the type of cover that’s the most appropriate for you. You may find that it may be a better basis to compare touring caravan insurance quotes rather than based upon price alone.
Points to note on touring caravan insurance
When you are actually starting to compare touring caravan insurance quotes, there may be a few things particularly worth looking out for:
- policies may require that you use a hitchlock and wheel clamp in certain circumstances – a failure to comply may invalidate your policy;
- not all policies have similar cover for use outside of the UK (ie continental cover) so ensuring that your plans and lifestyle are accurately reflected by the policy’s provisions might be a sensible idea;
- awnings may be subject to special provisions or conditions such as needing to stow them away when you’re not actually in the caravan itself;
- some policies may offer discounts if you park your caravan in a secure off-road location while it’s not in use;
- you may be able to find caravan cover that will offer further discounts for things such as the fitting of additional security devices such as bolts and alarms;
- similarly, some policies may welcome your membership of a caravan club or association as signs of a mature outlook and, therefore, reward that with further discounts.
This list isn’t comprehensive and there may be other things worth thinking about, however, it does illustrate the point that the price alone may be an inadequate guide as to what policy may be suitable for you.
We would, of course, be only too pleased to offer clarification of anything relating to caravan insurance that is less than perfectly clear to you.
Making the decision
To compare touring caravan insurance quotes you may need to have thought through, in advance, what’s really essential to you. It’s a potentially very important decision and potentially one that’s well worth taking a little time over.