If you are trying to compare caravan insurance quotes, you might wish to keep in mind some of the following points:
- it may be misleading to start by trying to compare the price alone – the price of an insurance policy may not, in itself, be any indication as to the suitability of the policy for your particular situation and requirements;
- caravan insurance quotes will typically be aimed at a specific type of caravan and sometimes, even specific marques (e.g. Hobby touring caravans) – it is important to be clear that the exact nature of your caravan will be covered by the policy you are looking at;
- not all caravan insurance providers see things the same way in terms of risk – try not to assume, therefore, that the detail of policies will be more or less the same and that it is safe to skip reading it in detail;
- there is sometimes a little confusion surrounding the difference between static caravan insurance and park home insurance – as a general rule, static caravans are occupied occasionally for holiday and leisure purposes whereas park homes are your permanent place of residence;
- any insurance quotation will contain important terms and conditions relating to your obligations as part of the insurance contract – study these carefully and be sure that they are not overly restrictive or simply very inconvenient, given the nature of the way you use your caravan;
- the caravan insurance industry is competitive and insurance providers are keen to both attract and retain customers, including through the use of discounts in certain circumstances – so read all caravan insurance quotes carefully to see if they contain opportunities for obtaining reductions in your premium by taking steps such as fitting security locks etc;
- some caravan site owners, may imply or suggest that static caravans can only be parked on their sites if you purchase your insurance from them – this, in fact, not generally the case. Obtaining your own caravan cover insurance quotes might indicate that having your own insurance is a more cost-effective solution. Do note that if you source your own static caravan insurance, the site owner may charge an administration fee, but, overall you may still be quids in;
- one particular condition that might be specifically worth looking for may arise on policies that attempt to constrain where you may or may not park your caravan when it is in use – in the case of touring caravans or motorhomes, complying with such conditions may prove to be practically difficult in certain situations.
When you are examining caravan insurance quotes and trying to compare one against the other, it is always advisable to take your time and avoid rushing. This may help you avoid mistakes that you might later come to regret.