Have you got a static holiday caravan? If you have just bought a holiday home, you may be excitedly making plans about the holidays you are going to have, come rain or shine! But have you considered caravan holiday home insurance?
Have you got a static holiday caracvcaravan? If you have just bought a holiday home, you may be excitedly making plans about the holidays you are going to have, come rain or shine! But have you considered caravan holiday home insurance?
In most cases, you are not obliged to take the site owner’s static caravan insurance policy, though do note that some may charge a fee and ask that they see your schedule with another insurer. However, even if they do, you may still be able to make savings on the cost of your cover, even after you had paid the fee!
This is where we can help you. Whether your weapon of choice is the telephone or the computer, we can assist you in your search for static caravan insurance.
How much will it cost?
Until we have all of your details, it is difficult to say how much your caravan holiday home insurance may cost. Whether you use our service or look elsewhere, important factors that may influence the cost may include:
- the make, model and age of your static home;
- the site. If the site is a member of a safe sites scheme then you may be entitled to a discount because insurers may recognise the importance of well patrolled, safe sites in bringing down the risks of crime;
- any no claims discounts you have on any other policy. Some insurers may take these into account because they suggest that you are a responsible person who may not make many claims; and
- any additional security measures you may have taken, including fitting an alarm.
What will the policy be like?
No two caravan holiday home insurance policies will be identical. Accordingly, aside from the price, the points you may want to concentrate on may include:
- the details. What does the cover entail? And what are your obligations under the policy? (For example, many insurers will ask that you drain down the heating systems over Winter etc);
- the excess. What is the minimum claim amount the insurer may entertain?
- exclusions and limitations. Is there a maximum value for personal effects covered under the contents part of the static caravan insurance policy? It is also important to know what is excluded from your cover.
When you have had a good look at a couple of policies, what next? If you have any questions, our trained, professional staff can help you.
Once you have purchased your caravan holiday home insurance policy, you may wish to keep it in a safe place so that you can lay your hands on it in an emergency. If you buy static caravan insurance online from us, you’ll get your documents emailed to you as well as receive the policy documents in the post too.