If you are engaged in a static caravan insurance comparison, you may find the following tips to be helpful:
- keep the price in context – try to focus on what your options are telling you in terms of the cover they provide and the conditions they apply, as ultimately this may prove to be far more important to you than a relatively modest price difference between two typical policies;
- read the terms and conditions carefully – this area of an insurance policy or quotation is sometimes overlooked by potential policyholders and this may have serious consequences, given the fact that these Ts and Cs may eventually govern whether or not you will be able to make a claim in certain circumstances;
- note your obligations – an insurance policy typically highlights conditions you must meet as part of your side of the contract bargain and if you fail to do so, simply because you have not read the policy, you may discover this in the painful situation of having a claim refused;
- look for discount potential – when engaged in a static caravan insurance comparison, it might be worthwhile paying particular attention to the relative scope for discounts offered by the policies under comparison, as some may be far more flexible in this respect than others;
- think about expertise – some insurance providers specialise in caravans and the residential home insurance associated with park homes, something that may be worth noting as they may be rather more familiar with the issues and challenges associated with maintaining adequate caravan insurance cover;
- shop around – the caravan insurance marketplace, like many others, is very competitive and it may pay to resist any pressures applied by people, such as site owners, to take their insurance simply because it is the first one that comes to hand;
- allocate sufficient time to do justice to the comparison – trying to squeeze a static caravan insurance comparison into a spare five minutes you have one evening, may be unlikely to allow you to compare a number of options in the detail required and this may be a pity as it may mean that you miss some very suitable deals.
Alternatively, please get in touch and speak to one of our friendly staff – or use our online caravan insurance service – to easily see what your static home insurance options are. We’d be only too happy to help!