The annual calendar of caravan events rarely sleeps – at practically any time of the year you are likely to find one kind of show or another within a reasonable drive away from your home.
With the Spring season less than two months’ away and the prospect of longer, warmer days, that calendar really begins to click into gear, with all the latest models, accessories, gadgets and caravan talk getting well and truly underway.
So let’s see just a few of the caravan events that 2019 holds in store on a region by region basis:
- February hosts probably the biggest event of them all – the annual
Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show at Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre (NEC) from the 19th to the 24th of February;
- 2019 sees more than 400 exhibitors coming together from all over the UK and Europe to show off their latest wares, innovations, tips and suggestions – all under one gigantic roof;
- by attending the show, you can take advantage of thousands of exclusive offers on caravans, motorhomes, camping gear and gadgets – with free parking also thrown in for the price of your ticket;
The South of England
- if you want to avoid the drive to the Midlands – or are impatient to taste the new season’s offers even earlier – you might be just in time to catch the Southwest’s Caravan and Motorhome Show at Exeter’s Westpoint exhibition centre from the 25th until the 27th of January;
The North of England
- also in January – but hurry, since it’s open from the 17th until the 20th – is the biggest caravan and motorhome show in the North of England at EventCity in Manchester;
- meet the manufacturers’ of 2019’s latest models and get up close and personal as you inspect the specifications, layout and interiors of the leading brands;
- if you are a novice at towing a caravan, take a test drive under expert tuition on the exhibition centre’s special track, which even has an area dedicated to 3 to 10-year olds for their My First Towing Experience;
- if you’ve already missed the Manchester event, you might wait until the 7th and 8th of September, hop across the Pennines and visit the Caravan Extravaganza (The Lawns), in Hull, East Yorkshire;
- Chepstow racecourse is hosting the South Wales Caravan and Motorhome Show from the 5th to the 7th of July 2019 – perfect timing for a summer’s outing to the principality and an opportunity to extend your holiday a while by exploring the glorious Gower Peninsula perhaps;
- Glasgow’s Scottish Event Campus (SEC) hosts the Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show, from the 7th until the 10th of February;
- the SEC is just off the M8 motorway and has parking for a massive 1,600 cars;
- if you live in Northern Ireland – or why not make the Province the first of your 2019 caravanning holidays – you might be just in time to make the Caravan & Motorhome Show in Belfast from the 18th until the 20th of January; but
- hurry – you won’t want to miss it, since caravan shows are fewer and further between in Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK.
Get into the swing of things by visiting one of your regional caravan shows this year – and take a preview of all that’s new and exciting for the season ahead.