The country’s annual show for all things caravanning takes place in the middle of October every year – for 2015 that is from the 13th until the 18th of October.
The Motorhome and Caravan Show is a real caravan-fest for anyone at all interested in this number one leisure activity – from those just beginning to think about the idea to seasoned caravanners who thought they already knew all there was to know about the pastime.
It is held at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) on the outskirts of Birmingham, doors open at 10 o’clock in the morning and there are acres of parking.
So, if you are intending to go, here are some tips for making a memorable day of it and for enjoying a great show:
New caravans and campers …
- probably the biggest reason for visiting the show is the chance to see new caravans and motorhomes – and that’s not just new, but those coming completely fresh to the market for 2016;
- it is a chance to see for yourself the very latest in design, technology and comfort that will make every outing in your new caravan a joy to indulge – impressing friends, neighbours and fellow caravanners by staying ahead of all the latest trends;
- even if you are not in a position to buy a brand new 2016 model, those on show will give you a taste of all you might aspire to and help set your sights on what to look for even in buying a second hand, pre-loved caravan;
- with such a heady mix of new launches on display, it might help to narrow down your search by doing a little research in advance;
- in a special edition for the launch of 2016’s new caravans, Practical Caravan has published a number of reviews picking out some of the best;
- if you are new to the game – and maybe if you have been around for a while – the British market has an amazing range of different brands to choose from;
- with makes such as Adria, Bailey, and Coachman, some might say that it’s as easy as ABC, but don’t be fooled and be sure to head off to others’ stands, such as those manned by Explorer, Lunar, Swift and Venus;
- the caravan show has literally hundreds of makes and models on display and every one of them has a different layout, shows off the latest innovations, and is presented with a different finish;
- if you have your heart set on a particular model – and who wouldn’t – you can place your order then and there, with home delivery guaranteed for the start of the new caravanning season in 2016;
… and more
- it’s not only the latest motorhomes and caravans that are unveiled at the show, but variations on the theme, such as static holiday homes, folding caravans and trailer tents;
- in short, anyone with a passion for the freedom of the open road, a life in the great outdoors and the luxury of a home to call your own when you retire at night;
- with any outing in your caravan you are almost certain to discover how essential some gadget or accessory might be – from awnings to porches and satellite systems to caravan movers;
- thinking ahead to those moment, you might want to drop in on the many stands and stores selling the latest accessories at what are likely to be the keenest prices;
Talk to those in the know
- of course there are plenty of opportunities for you to discuss directly with the experts all the ins and outs of any caravan that catches your eye or to describe what you are after and be pointed in the right direction;
- but there also those at the caravan show knowledgeable in the wider aspects of caravanning, such as insurance, security for your caravan, the finance to pay for it and the type of car you might choose to tow it;
- with all that viewing of caravans, stocking up on accessories, seeking advice on insurance and related matters, you are probably itching to just hitch up and go – but where to?
- at the show you can explore the possibilities of taking your caravan to UK or Europe – or just about anywhere in the world – get the advice of travel experts, book your holiday and even pay for it.
The Motorhome and Caravan Show offers a golden opportunity to keep fully abreast of all the latest news and developments – whether you are interested in buying or just window shopping. So why not make the most of that opportunity and seize the day.