If you are looking for an opportunity to compare specific caravan insurance products, it makes a lot of sense to read the many touring caravan insurance reviews on offer. From what is a wide field of potential choices, you then may then better select the cover that is most suitable for your own particular needs and requirements, at a competitive price.
Reviews such as this, in other words, might give you a reliable indication of the type and provider of caravan insurance likely to represent good value for money.
What to look for
If you are going to be investigating touring caravan insurance reviews, it may be useful to be steered by a few tips and suggestions. These might also help you discover why so many roads lead to the first-class customer service and our proud Feefo rating of us here at Cover4Caravans:
Your caravan …
- the principal element of any touring caravan insurance, of course, is the protection of the caravan itself against loss or damage;
- when reviewing policies on offer, therefore, you might want to know what happens in the worst-case scenario of a total write-off – some policies might offer to settle on a new-for-old basis if the caravan is under a certain age, while others might have an in-built calculation for depreciation;
- the precise make and model of your caravan is also essential in terms of the insurer’s valuation, so you might want to seek out those providers with a particular knowledge of your particular model;
… and its contents
- an insurer’s treatment of claims involving loss or damage to the contents of your caravan is also essential;
- once again, you need to know just what is covered and what is excluded;
- is cover for accidental damage or all-risks included as standard, for instance, and are claims to be settled on a new for old basis or only after the deduction of the estimated wear and tear of lost or damaged contents;
Help from those in the know
- it may be challenging to know, of course, just which insurers are most familiar with your particular make and model of caravan;
- a specialist provider of touring caravan insurance – such as ourselves here at Cover4Caravans – on the other hand, may have precisely this information and be able to give greater clarity and understanding to the reviews you are conducting;
Insurance, insurance everywhere
- as part of your review, you might also want to check the extent to which other common household insurance policies may overlap with or affect your caravan insurance;
- the website Caravan Talk, for example, suggests you ask whether your regular motor insurance also includes cover while towing a caravan, or whether your standard home contents insurance extends to the contents of your ‘van;
- a related question, too, is whether cover for the awning you use for your caravan included in the cover for the caravan itself or do you need to insure it separately (read our Guide to Awnings);
- the cost of your touring caravan insurance is clearly a factor when reviewing competing sources of cover, so what are the factors that help you enjoy any discounts that may be offered?
- taking particular care over the security of your caravan when it is in storage, laid up for the winter, for example, may earn valuable discounts in premiums;
- here at Cover4Caravans, for instance, we offer attractive discounts to customers who arrange for their caravans to be stored at sites registered with the Caravan Storage Site Owners’ Association (CaSSOA);
- these are storage sites which have been carefully and specifically graded according to the level of security offered – in terms of CCTV monitoring, for instance, perimeter fencing or control of exit and entry points;
Playing your part
- typically, insurers have every right to expect you to play your part in mitigating the risk of any loss or damage;
- as has already been noted, secure storage – which may help to reduce the risk of theft or vandalism – may earn you a discount on premiums, but there may be other requirements which certain insurers impose as a standard precaution;
- one of the most common of these conditions or requirements – and likely to be revealed in any review of touring caravan insurance policies – concerns the general security of your caravan while you are on the road touring;
- if you have stopped and plan to leave the caravan unattended, for example, you may be required to fit both hitchlocks and wheel clamps if it is still attached to the towing vehicle, or wheel clamps alone if it is unhitched from any towing vehicle;
- your review of policies might need to include insurers’ specific requirements in this regard.
Our first-class customer service rewarded
Touring caravan insurance reviews may play an important part in helping you to select the most appropriate cover for you and your caravan. But these tips and suggestions also point to the very reasons why we place such a high store in the first-class customer service we strive to deliver and maintain here at Cover4Caravans.
That is why we remain proud of our achievements in gaining recognition of our commitment to providing a first-class customer service. 2020 sees us holding on to the prestigious Feefo Platinum Trusted Merchant Accreditation award – a triumph we have now enjoyed over many successive years.
You will see the Feefo logo and our current rating when you visit our webpage, which also offers independent customer ratings and reviews. You can feel confident that when you look at the ratings and reviews, they are all genuine and truly independent.
Using Feefo enables us to make sure that our customers are happy and where improvements, if any, could be made. The comments and reviews are offered openly and transparently.
Feefo’s rating is not simply a marketing tool – unlike some other well-known star ratings that you may be familiar with and who simply offer a pay to display ratings logo. It allows us to hone our customer service and provide you with first-class products and customer support.
To achieve the Platinum Trusted Merchant accreditation, a business is required to receive 100 reviews or more, with an average Service Rating of between 95% and 100%, on Feefo.
This accreditation is unique in that it is based on the experiences of our genuine, purchase verified customers. The feedback left by you, our customers, over the years, and our consistently high scores in customer service throughout the year via Feefo have earned us this especially important recognition.
It supports our continuing focus on meeting – and striving to exceed – the principles laid down by our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). We put our customers’ interests first, treating them fairly, and communicating information in a way which we believe is transparent, fair and not misleading.