Touring Caravan Insurance

The cover offered under our touring caravan insurance policies is designed to protect your freedom when you are caravanning, so you can hit the open road confident in the knowledge that we have you covered!

Our caravan insurance policies cover the UK and provide free continental cover up to 240 days as well.

If you are looking for insurance for your caravan, we offer bespoke options so you only pay for the cover you need. Our policies have varying levels of cover and full details are always explained at the time of your quotation within the documentation we provide.

Some examples of the policy benefits of our insurance for tourers include:

  • low minimal premiums – starting from just £71.60;
  • low policy excess;
  • free continental cover up to 240 days per annum is always included;
  • generous discounts for touring caravan insurance where touring caravans are stored on CaSSOA-approved sites;
  • discounts for security devices such as trackers;
  • discounts for attending recognised towing/driving courses.

At Cover4Caravans, we are passionate about offering what we believe is competitively-priced cover that gives your tourer the protection needed. We have a dedicated team of experts to discuss your individual requirements with you if you’d like to talk to us. Or, you can get a quote and buy caravan insurance online.

Touring Caravan Insurance


Caravan insurance FAQS

We have put together some frequently asked questions about caravan insurance that we hope you will find useful.

How do I obtain my touring insurance quotation from you?

You have two easy-to-use options:

  1. Click here and complete the short online Questionnaire, and you will then receive your quotation online and be able to view the terms and conditions. You can even buy your policy immediately online using HSBC Secure ePayments.
  2. Call us on 01702 606301 and speak to one of our UK based Account handlers.

How much is caravan insurance roughly?

Our caravan insurance policies start from just £71.60. And while we always aim to find the most suitable and price-competitive caravan insurance for you, the cost of your caravan insurance will also typically depend on several other factors such as:

  • the age, make and model of your touring caravan;
  • where your caravan is stored when not in use;
  • what level of insurance cover you want (for example, do you want caravan contents insurance);
  • what the maximum sum insured required is; etc.

Do I need insurance for a caravan?

If you are wondering do caravans need insurance, then it may make sense to look at what insurance cover you currently have for your vehicle. For example, your car insurance may cover your caravan when it is being towed – but only for third party cover. This means that if your caravan gets damaged or stolen, you will typically still have to foot the bill for its repair or replacement yourself.

Insurance for caravans gives your vehicle the financial protection it needs, so if it stolen, damaged, or written off in an accident, it will step in to cover the cost of repairs and replacement (policy limits may apply depending on your policy type and you will be liable for the excess amount – this is the first part you pay in the event of a successful claim).

What does insurance for a caravan cover?

Insurance product features and their terms and conditions may vary depending on the policy provider. Typically, however, insurance for caravans may include all or some of the following elements:

  • theft (from your agreed storage address or whilst you are using your caravan);
  • external damage (whether stationary or moving):
  • accidental damage:
  • public liability cover;
  • loss or damage abroad (under your European cover);
  • contents insurance cover if required.

Optional extras may include GAP insurance (for where you have bought a caravan on finance) and awning insurance.

Is my awning automatically covered under my insurance?

In most cases, your awning will not be automatically covered under your insurance policy. You can check your policy schedule to see if it is listed separately and the maximum sum insured is adequate. If it isn’t and you require insurance for your awning, please ‘phone us on 01702 606301 for further help.

Please note that conditions may apply with your awning insurance, such as the insurance cover becoming void if the awning is erected and left up in certain situations (such as if it will be left unattended or during a heavy storm).

Do you insure static caravans?

Yes, we provide insurance for static homes! Please visit our static caravans insurance page for more information.

Do you offer new for old cover caravan insurance?

Yes, for both our static caravan insurance and tourer insurance, we offer five years new for old cover regardless of the amount of previous owners. With some other insurers, they may require that you have been the sole owner from new.

Are gas bottles and aqua roll covered?

If you have caravan contents insurance, yes these items are covered under a policy from Cover4Caravans. You do need to make sure, however, that the contents sum insured is enough to include these items. If you are unsure about what your insurance entails, please feel to ‘phone us on 01702 606301.

Where can I find out general caravan information and tips?

At Cover4Caravans, our aim is not only to offer what we believe are attractive deals on insurance for caravans, but a first-class customer service backed with relevant help, support and information on our website. That is why our blog is regularly updated with caravanning tips, inspiration for holidays, site reviews, useful guides and the latest caravan news.

All our resources are free to use, so please feel free to check these extras out!

I am looking to improve my caravan – do you need to know?

If you are looking to improve your caravan – such as getting new fixtures and fittings or doing anything else that may increase its value – then please contact us. That way, we can make sure that you still have the correct maximum sum insured for your vehicle.

Four good reasons to choose Cover4Caravans

At Cover4Caravans, we are registered in England and Wales and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which means you can feel confident you are dealing with a genuine, responsible provider of insurance.

Our service is easy to use, and you can get insurance quotes both online or over the ‘phone.

All our team are UK based, and we pride ourselves on offering a personal service. Once you buy a policy from us, you will have your very own dedicated account handler. So, if you have any questions or queries, you’ll have one point of contact.

We are very proud of our range of products and their terms, conditions and benefits and are consistently five star rated by our customers via Feefo, the independent customer review website.