If you are thinking of buying your first caravan you want to know your options for protecting that investment with suitable caravan insurance. If you already own one, you want to be certain that when the renewal date comes around, the caravan insurance you have continues to deliver the cover you need and still represents good value for money.
Either way, that leaves you with the knotty problem of which caravan insurance to choose – there are certainly many possibilities to choose from:
Ask a broker
- because the choice is so overwhelming and because it is important to get it right, you might want to consult an established and experienced broker in this sector of the insurance market such as ourselves here at Cover4Caravans;
- as the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) advises, a broker is there to act entirely in your interests, giving advice and guidance on the caravan insurance likely to be suitable for your particular, individual needs and requirements, and to find that cover at a competitive price;
- use our online service or simply pick up the phone to give us a call and we are able to give you a quote, carefully match your needs to a wide variety of insurers and answer any queries or concerns you may have about suitable caravan insurance;
- if you ever need to make a claim, then we are here to help you fill in the forms and do whatever it takes to secure a fair settlement of that claim;
- even if you have been a caravan owner for a good number of years, it might still be difficult to be sure you have the most suitable insurance for the make and model you currently own, its value, its age and its condition;
- that’s why it is always worth reviewing any caravan insurance you have in advance of its renewal date – not only might your own needs and requirements have changed, but new insurance products are coming onto the market all of the time and there are new ones you might want to consider;
- the valuation of your caravan is one of the most critical steps involved in choosing the appropriate insurance;
- it is by no means always such a straight forward process and you might want to draw on our own many years’ of expertise and experience in arriving at accurate and realistic evaluations for insurance purposes – to ensure that you are neither over- nor underinsured;
Value for money
- getting value for money on your caravan insurance is not a simple question of the cheapest price – it all depends on the cover offered, what you need and the competitiveness of the premiums;
- do you need fully comprehensive cover, for example, or something rather more basic, are you prepared to take on a greater proportion of the risk – and lower premiums in return – by accepting a higher excess, and are you hoping to use your caravan for holidays abroad from time to time;
- these are all questions which may need to be taken into account when choosing which caravan insurance to buy.
Contact us here at Cover4Caravans and we may be able to help you make that choice.